I have started a new project because I’ve finished my socks: Branching Out from Knitty. I needed a pattern for a small shawl for my skein Handmaiden Swiss Mountain Cashmere & Silk. There are thousands of FO’s on Ravelry and the ones using this yarn look great. I started on 5 mm needles, but that looked really ugly. So I started again on 4 mm, and that looks a lot better. The yarn is georgeous, the cashmere is extremely soft and a bit fuzzy and the silk shines. And I have already learned a few more lace stitches.
I am making some progress on Willow, I am working on the armhole decreases of the back. The lace doesn’t give me any problems anymore, it’s quite an easy pattern actually.
And Woolsthorpe is almost ready, I’ve knitted the collar and the pocketlinings. But I don’t know how to sew the pocketlinings on the front. I think they have to be attached to both sides of the front, but it didn’t fit. Maybe I will knit them again on a bigger needle. I have to think about it.
I’ve knitted a few rows on the second sleeve of Emily, but this always makes my hands ache. Maybe the needles are too heavy, I don’t know. It will get finished some day.
I’ve put my lace shawl from Kid Silk into hibernation. I’ll knit the Branching Out scarf first.